We are the global color manufacturer and the days of our shared services center in Brno are definitely not painted grey. You will meet those who like to work with numbers, accounting, foreign languages and administration.
From Brno we take care of invoice administration, accounting, HR and education. We are supporting our colleagues in PPG European offices, but also in the US, Canada and Mexico. In Brno we are about 500 people and you can meet young faces, but also experienced matadors. And what is the most important thing - everybody is smiling :)
Jr. VAT Compliance Specialist
The VAT Compliance Specialist will report to the VAT Compliance Manager of the VAT Team located in Brno (Czech Republic).
The team is currently part of PPG’s Global Tax Organization and is responsible for supporting tax compliance in more than twenty countries in the EMEA region.
The Brno VAT team consists today of eleven people, it has been steadily growing in the last six years and is expected to continue to grow further into the future.
The position is an excellent full time job opportunity for a professional interested in gaining tax experience in an international company and in being part of interesting projects conducted in close cooperation with both other teams in Brno as well as with local finance people in different EMEA locations.
• Extract reports, analyze the data and prepare VAT, EC Sales/Purchase Listings, control statements and Intrastat returns;
• Review the data and perform standardized checks and ad-random checks to find potential issues;
• Perform reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for VAT;
• Sustain an excellent relationship with local finance, tax advisors and other relevant stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective cooperation;
• Support VAT Compliance Manager on ad-hoc projects if needed, trainings and internal advice to the business;
• Cooperate effectively with accounting teams;
• Assist local finance teams on (tax) audits;
• Maintain the central archive of all VAT related compliance data;
• Prepare and maintain VAT compliance process documents/manuals;
• Support in taking actions to solve issues, improve, standardize and automate processes;
• Support VAT advisory team in updating tables and VAT parameters for the accounting systems and other satellite systems.
Benefits of working at PPG:
• Full time employment contract;
• Challenging work in a multicultural environment of a multinational company;
• Attractive remuneration package;
• Excellent additional benefits;
• Friendly atmosphere promoting a culture of diversity, inclusion and learning
• Basic tax awareness/tax knowledge based on local or EU legislation
• Ideally 1 year of tax work experience or more, the period may include also previous VAT/tax internships or tax-related projects at the university);
• University degree in Tax, Accounting, Law or Economics or almost graduated;
• Fluent English written and spoken (B2 level or higher);
• Second foreign language (German, Spanish, Italian will be an asset but not required);
• Good knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel);
• Strong sense of responsibility and ownership, proactivity, process improvements mindset;
• Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, Oracle) will be an asset but is not required;
• Ability to build and effectively manage relationships with other team members and stakeholders;
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
• Readiness for occasional travels abroad
What do we offer:
Friendly team, nice atmosphere, many activities within the company (massages, workshops, team buildings), chillout room, benefits, etc. Maybe it's easier to visit our facebook: PPG People Brno
ContactPPG INDUSTRIES CZECH REPUBLIC, s.r.o.